How to Remain Protected Against Web Threats with Trend Micro Security?
Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits and other infections are actually the malicious software codes designed by online attackers like hackers, spammers, scammers with an aim to steal your credential data, your identity or in most cases your money. These are the threats that attacks your device by entering through the vulnerable emails, downloaded files, instant messages or the links to malicious websites masquerading as real ones.
Hence you are required to be observant in order to avoid such threats, but that is not enough in today’s threatening world. Hence, the top-notch Trend Micro Antivirus security software having sophisticated web protection technologies has become a major need in order to safeguard ourselves from being attacked by several kind of threats.
Trend Micro Antivirus Software
This is an excellent security software designed and revealed to optimize your online protection against Phishing, Web threats. Links to malicious or fraudulent websites plays a major role in phishing scams and thus harming the customers’ devices. Concerning this fact, the Trend Micro Antivirus Security has provided with Smart Protection Network database of dangerous sites that stores a history of transmitting infectious software or supporting online fraud and thus prevent the users from reaching to them. This is an advance feature that keep you safe from web threats.
After going through the aforementioned information, you must want to use this utility but may be you are not having the proper idea. Don’t worry, via this blog we, the technical experts working at Trend Micro Support team of PC Experts Help will assist you to set up your security product properly in order to improve your device’s protection against several web threats.
Steps to Set up Trend Micro Security
- 1.To start, you have to double-click on the ‘Trend Micro Security’ icon present on your desktop screen or in your system tray. This will load the Trend Micro Security Console, after that you have to click on the ‘Settings’ the Password screen will appear.
- 2.Now, enter your Password carefully followed by clicking on OK which will display the Protection Settings screen, along with Scan Preferences selected by default.
- 3.Select ‘Internet’ & ‘Email’ Controls. Here, the Web Threats panel appears by default, along with Block potentially dangerous websites pre-checked.
- 4.Now in the ‘Web Threats’ panel, if you want to improve your protection, move the ‘Protection Strength Slider’ to ‘High’ for blocking threats in websites that show signs of fraud or malicious software. Afterwards ensure that Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on the supported web browsers is checked. With the Antivirus Toolbar, the customers can obtain Webpage Ratings whenever they browse over the online platform, differentiating safe, potentially unsafe, & dangerous websites using green, yellow, & red icons & shading on search results. You are not permitted to click the links associated with known dangerous sites.
- 5.Then ‘Prevent Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox, from running malicious scripts on infected websites’ should be selected by default. If for any reason it is not as said, you should check it.
- 6.Click on ‘Apply’ option to apply the changes you have made.
- 7.Introduce a browser that supports Trend Micro Toolbar, like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. You are required to enable the toolbar in your browser. At the bottom, a popup message appears: The ‘Trend Micro Security Toolbar’ add-on from ‘Trend Micro, Inc.’ is ready for utilization.
- 8.Click on Enable and the Trend Micro Toolbar will appear in the browser menu.
- 9.Click Trend Micro Toolbar dropdown menu in your browser. The toolbar options will appear.
- 10.Check that the Rate links on webpages is enabled by default. Select the Rate links on mouseover to enable this additional function.
- 11.Make searches that might include dangerous websites, for instance “hackers.com.” In the search results, notice that a red (X) mark & highlighting has been added to known dangerous websites.
- 12.Locate your mouse over the checkmark in front of a website link to obtain its rating. A pop-up appears, showing Trend Micro Security’s ratings for the specified website.
- 13.If you click on a dangerous website, you’ll be blocked & shown this screen.
- 14.Click on ‘Close This Window’ option to close the window.
Note: The Trend Micro Toolbar also enables users of this security software to obtain web page ratings within Social Networking websites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn and a range of others. Just similar to the search results, where if you click on a dangerous link at the social network’s page, you will be blocked.
You must have come to know ‘how to set up your Trend Micro Security’ in order to remain protected against Web Threats. But if any difficulty or virus infection is still bothering you, directly contact our experts just by dialing a Toll-free Trend Micro Antivirus Support Phone Number – 1800-012-720. The certified technicians of PC Experts Help who are expert in dealing with concerns related to your Trend Micro security will support you in coming out of every problematic situation.